Quetiapine related myocarditis: Late diagnosed Tourette Syndrome a case report
Tourette syndrome is a neurological and psychiatric disorder that is accompanied by involuntary bodily movements and / or making meaningless sounds that begin in childhood. Recurrent symptoms is an important feature. Despite its low prevalence, patients can come to primary health care services for various reasons and their controls can be done by their family physicians in coordination with the relevant departments. In this article, we presented a case of late diagnosis of Tourette’s syndrome who developed myocarditis due to antipsychotic use during follow-up.
- Albin RL, Mink JW. Recent advances in Tourette syndrome research. Trends Neurosci 2006;29(3):175-82.
- Ünal D, Akdemir D. Tourette Sendromunun nörobiyolojisi. Türk Psikiyatri Derg 2016;27(4):1-11.
- Ak M, Uzun Ö, Özmenler KN, et al. Tourette Sendromlu olgularda nöropsikiyatrik bulgular. Gülhane Tıp Derg 2011;53:89-93.
- Freeman RD, Fast DK, Burd L, et al. An international perspective on Tourette syndrome: selected findings from 3,500 individuals in 22 countries. Dev Med Child Neurol 2000;42(7):436-47.
- Leckman JF, Zhang H, Vitale A, et al. Course of tic severity in Tourette syndrome: the first two decades. Pediatrics 1998;102:14-9.
- Bloch MH, Peterson BS, Scahill L, et al. Adulthood outcome of tic and obsessive-compulsive symptom severity in children with Tourette syndrome. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2006;160(1):65-9.
- Singer HS. Tics and Tourette Syndrome. Continuum (Minneap Minn) 2019;25(4):936-58.
- Pringsheim T, Holler-Managan Y, Okun MS, et al. Comprehensive systematic review summary: Treatment of tics in people with Tourette syndrome and chronic tic disorders. Neurology 2019;92(19):907-15.
- Demirkol ME, Tamam L, Çakmak S, et al. Antipsikotik ilaç kullanımının elektrokardiyografi parametreleri ile ilişkisi. PGY 2019;11(Suppl 1):136-46.
- Moore R, Brødsgaard I, Rosenberg N. The contribution of embarrassment to phobic dental anxiety: a qualitative research study. BMC psychiatry 2004; 4(1):1-11.
- Tat Çatal A, Cebeci F. Lomber disk hernisinde ağrı, anksiyete, depresyon döngüsü ve hemşirenin rolü. Hacettepe Üniversitesi Hemşirelik Fakültesi Dergisi 2020; 7(1):73-7.
- Beck AT, Epstein N, Brown G et al. An inventory for measuring clinical anxiety: psychometric properties. J Consult Clin Psychol 1988; 56(6):893-7.
- Ulusoy M, Sahin NH, Erkmen H. Turkish version of the Beck Anxiety Inventory: Psychometric properties. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy 1998; 12(2):163-72.
- Wadman R, Glazebrook C, Beer C, et al. Difficulties experienced by young people with Tourette syndrome in secondary school: a mixed methods description of self, parent and staff perspectives. BMC Psychiatry 2016;16:14.