Healthy Aging and Woman
Society is increasingly aging; elderly women numbers which are advantageous compared to men in terms of life expectancy are growing and this situation brings with it many problems. Besides physical, physiological changes which are expected to be seen with aging in women, psychological and social problems also have an important place. Advice in all matters should be made to older women in terms of healthy aging. Balanced and healthy diet, regular exercise, taking preventive measures, providing psychological and social support are some of the topics which should be needed to take into account by family physicians.
- Giddens A. Sosyoloji. Ayraç Kitabevi, Ankara, 2005.
- Çifçili S (ed). Yaşlı sağlığına bütüncül yaklaşım. Deomed, İstanbul, 2011.
- Susan Nolen-Hoeksema. The Power of Women. Could aging be good for women? http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-power-women/201001/couldaging-be-good-women. Published on January 12, 2010. adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- 2010 Bupa Health Pulse. http://www.bupa.com/about-us/information-centre/bupa-health-pulse-2010. adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- Paula Spencer Scott, Caring.com senior editor. http://www.caring.com/articles/5-things-women-fear-about-aging?utm_source=care2&utm_medium=partnership. Published on June, 2011. adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- 5 Things Women Fear Most About Aging. http://www.care2.com/greenliving/5-things-women-fear-most-about-aging.html. Published on June 19, 2011. adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- Women’s Health USA 2005. http://mchb.hrsa.gov/whusa_05/ adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- Dinçer Cengiz S. Yaşlanan kadın. http://www.geriatri.org/pdfler/saglikli_yaslanama2005/ S_Y_2005_04.pdf adresinden Mart 2012 tarihinde erişilmiştir.
- Gürgan T, Tıncer ZS. Yaşlanan kadın ve jinekolojik sorunlar. Geriatri 2000;3(3): 107-118.